The “Featured Images” are displayed in “square” format and are auto-cropped for you, if you do not choose to crop them yourself as you are uploading the image. If the auto-crop cuts off heads or other important parts of the photo, you can crop the image yourself as follows:
- Click “Set Featured Image” to set a new featured image or double-click on an existing Featured Image to edit it
- From the Upload Media / Featured Image dialog box, make sure the photo is “checked” and then click “Edit Image” from the menu on the right side of the dialog box.
- From the photo editing dialog box, click on the photo and select a square area of the photo with your mouse. The dimensions will appear on the right side column under “Selection”; make sure the height and width are the same or close, and that the selection includes all parts of the photo you want in the photo.
- When you have selected a square portion of the photo that includes all portions of the photo you want included in the cropped version, click the Crop button
- Then click “Save”
- After it saves, click “Set Featured Image”
- Press the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the Page Manager to save your changes