How to Upload a Video
WebBabyShower maintains a professional, private video hosting account so that hosts and expecting parents can share personal, “home” or “selfie” videos related to their baby showers, pregnancies, adoptions and/or new babies, right from the Web Baby Shower Host Control Panel.
If you are looking to add a video to your shower that is already on the web, like hosted on YouTube, please see the Embedding Video's Guide
To Upload A Video
Log into your Web Baby Shower Host Control Panel
Navigate to the Video Library
Click the “Upload A New Video” button, or scroll down to the Upload section
Click the "Browse" button to locate the video you wish to upload on your device
Click Upload Please be patient while your video uploads. It may take a few minutes for your video to upload.
Once you have uploaded a video, you can choose to display the video on the Home Page or Video Album in your Web Baby Shower, by simply checking the appropriate box(es) in the “Display on Page(s)” column in the Video Library.
When you are done checking the desired boxes, make sure you click the “Display on Pages Settings” button to save your changes.
The WebBabyShower template will automatically display your videos on the Home Page, Video Album, or both and group them into a “gallery” if you have more than one.
If you no longer wish to display a video on the Home page or Video Album, simply uncheck the box in the “Display On Page(s) column. The video will still be on file and available in the Host Control Panel, but not displayed on your WebBabyShower From the Video Library, you can also edit the Video Title, download a copy of the video, change the display order, or delete a video:
WebBabyShower runs a professional video hosting account in Private Mode. Videos that you Upload in your WebBabyShower Host Control Panel can only be displayed on your WebBabyShower. If you share the Private Embed URL links by email or social media, or if you try to use the Private Embed URL link in your web browser address bar, you will get an error message.
Please note that once your Web Baby Shower ends, your videos will be removed from the WebBabyShower video server and will not be retrievable. For more information, please see the Web Baby Shower Acceptable Use Policy.
- To Edit Title:
- Hover your mouse over the table row for the video you wish to edit. The “Edit Title” link will appear as you hover over the row.
- Click the “Edit Title ” link
- You will be taken to a form where you can make your desired edits
- When you are done, press “Submit” to save your changes; or press “Cancel” to cancel any changes
- To Change the Display Order:
- Your videos will be displayed with the most recently uploaded videos first. If you wish to change this, you can use the "Move To Top" link to change the display order of your videos.
- Hover your mouse over the video you wish to display first or be the "default" video on your Video Album. Click the "Move To Top" link.
- You can repeat this step for as many videos as you like to get them into the display order you wish to display them in
- To Download a Video:
- Hover your mouse over the table row for the video you wish to download. The “Download” link will appear as you hover over the row.
- Click the “Download” link
- You will be taken to a page with a link or link(s) to download the various sizes and versions of your video that Vimeo created. It is up to you to know how to download files from your web browser and save them to your device; it is also up to you to decide which size/ type / format of the video to download.
- When you are done downloading the video, you can return to the Video Library by using the link at the bottom of the Download page, or by using the links in the Host Control Panel menu
- Please note that for security purposes:
- The download links expire within 3 hours. If you cannot download your video within 3 hours, please return to the Video Library and try again later.
- At this time, downloads are only available through the Host Control Panel > Video Library. If you would like to allow the expecting parents or other trusted friends/relatives to download the videos, you must add them as a co-host so that they can access the Host Control Panel.
- To Delete a Video:
- Hover your mouse over the table row for the video you wish to delete. The “Delete” link will appear as you hover over the row.
- Click the “Delete” link
- You will be asked to confirm the deletion of the video. Please note that deleting is permanent and videos cannot be restored or downloaded if they are deleted
- Press “Yes, Delete” to confirm or “Cancel” to cancel.
- If you wish to display a video on a different page in your Web Baby Shower, scroll down to the “Manage Videos: Private Embed URLs” section on the Video Library. Simply highlight and copy the Private Embed URL from the Video Library, then paste it into the editor area on any page in your Web Baby Shower. (Make sure you Update or Publish the page!)